Sunday, September 8, 2013

Artist of the Month: The 1975


The 1975. Funky, alternative, indie rock band from Manchester.

If you didn't notice, I put one of their songs, You,  in one of my previous posts (but it was only a link because they took it down from Youtube).

I've known this band for maybe more than half a year now and I've got to say that I'm loving them more and more. Since they came out with their album recently, their fame just rocketed up into the heavens. Also, ever since Harry Styles of One Direction tweeted them saying that he liked their album, that got a lot of Directioners wondering who this band was and plenty of them have become fans as well.


I recently downloaded their self-titled album. It's absolutely brilliant. My favorite songs will have to be Chocolate (a favorite of many), You, Girls, Pressure, So Far (It's Alright), and Sex. And no, I don't like Sex because of its title. It's got a really catchy tune. Everything on this album is pretty awesome. They've got a mix of fast-paced songs and slow, mellow tunes. There are about 2 songs that have intros that remind me of the 80's (and I know I was not born then but I can definitely say they sound pretty 80's) and not in a bad way.



Another thing is that The 1975 recently covered What Makes You Beautiful. Way to get the Directioners attention, don't you think? Honestly, I enjoyed their cover. As a Directioner myself (Yes, I'm a Directioner. Are you shocked?), I was very excited to hear that one of my favorite bands is covering one of my favorite boy bands.


Note: Quite different from the original.

Don't be surprised if you find yourself singing their songs because trust me, you will.

Enjoy the wonderful music, you lovely crabs, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment