Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Songs of the Month: Teen Chills


This August has been pretty rainy and I really like this weather. It's the perfect time to chill out and not do much. (Sadly, the Philippines is 'under' a typhoon right now. Please pray for us.)

These songs are all pretty calm songs for the supposed 'sweater weather'. If you like wearing sweaters and drinking hot chocolate/coffee/tea, these songs are probably for you. Or if you just want a couple of soothing tunes, you should take a look at this stuff.

I've put this in a post before but I had to include it again:


I would've posted the version of Fleet Foxes this time but that kind of defeats the purpose of "TEEN chills". Yes, this has something to do with age...sort of.

The next two songs are by Lorde. Lorde is a 16-year-old from New Zealand and she's kind of like Birdy but she's not.



I was going to post the entire The Love Club EP but I can't seem to find it. This song is The Love Club and it's a chill song that you can still dance to, which is always cool.


This is Royals by Lorde. I believe this is her first single and it's a great song. (Kind of reminds me of M.I.A.)

Next would be Settle by Two Door Cinema Club. I actually used this song for my paper in my elective, Media Ed. and I had a great time writing it. Also, this song is perfect for the weather.


Kids by Mikky Ekko. Now I heard this song in the mid-season finale of Teen Wolf (emphasis on the TEEN). I heard it and I liked it and I decided to put it in this blog post.


Lastly, Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear. I've been listening to this for over 2 months, maybe, and I just like this song a lot. It doesn't have much to do with teens but its 'trippy-ness' makes me think of all the teens who get high. I know, it sounds funny and weird but this song is awesome.


There you have it. Stay cool and stay safe, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment