Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Newest Find: Jinja Safari


I know I just posted my Songs of the Month yesterday but I only discovered this band today.

Jinja Safari is an Australian "indie" band that draws from "afropop rhythms, (and) tumbling island guitar" to create African-inspired "dreamy folk pop, with a melodic richness comparable to acts like Sufjan Stevens, Animal Collective and Sigur Ros" (Wikipedia).

I discovered this group of awesomeness this afternoon while going through "Youtube Narnia". Their song Mermaids was shown on the side and I decided to check it out because I like mermaids.


I don't know how anyone could feel sad after hearing such a pretty song like this. Just like the top comment said, "This song makes me wanna be a hippie pixie with flowers on my hair that runs around a forest, catching butterflies, swimming in rivers, jumping into a pile of pretty yellow leaves in autumn, dancing care-free around a bonfire with other hippie pixies and climbing tall trees to find a magnificient view of some awesome looking fantasy like forest like in Avatar." Completely accurate, if I say so myself.

Their sound is absolutely uplifting and I have declared them my happy pill band. If I ever made a movie, I'd definitely put their songs on the soundtrack.

Listening to a bunch of their songs and I haven't heard a single song that could ruin my mood. They're just delightful.


Now this music video is absolutely adorable. I love the song and I love how fun everyone looks, too. Can't help but want to do this with my friends, too.

This next video I'll be showing you is of their song, Hiccups.


I can't even find words to describe this. I'm sure they don't want it to be called "cute" but I can't help myself. It's cute.

They have loads more songs and I think you should listen to them. If you wanna feel good, these guys are who you should be listening to!

(Note: Besides, it's fun saying "Jinja Safari" with an Australian accent. Try it!)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, you really have great taste in music! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you like Jinja Safari as much as I do. :D

      Delete