Monday, April 22, 2013

Songs of the Month: March & April (Maybe May) 2013

Technically, the songs are for this month, April, and for last month, March (since I wasn't able to post something like this last month), as well. (And maybe even May making this post "Songs of My Summer".)

Basically, these songs are what I've been listening to for the past two months so don't be surprised if I include albums. (Hint: Two Door Cinema Club and Paramore)
Let's start off the post with the first few songs I fell in love with when summer started (and I'm still in love with them now): Two Door Cinema Club. Now I know that TDCC is a band and not a song but I can't just choose one so I decided to put their whole first album (Tourist History) in.


I have a feeling that it's only fair to tell you guys which are my favourites and I already said that I couldn't choose one but I'll give you two that I will probably NEVER get over. Ever.

The first would be Undercover Martyn because it was the first song I ever heard of theirs and it's pretty much the origin of my love for them (if that makes any sense).

The other song would be This Is The Life. After listening and downloading the whole album, this was one of the songs that kind of just stuck to me. Aside from hearing it in the movie Soul Surfer (starring Anna Sophia Robb), it also gave me very summer-y vibes and that's what I love about it. I especially love listening to it in the car, when we're on the road and we're going really fast. I also have a strong feeling that I will be listening to THIS song most of the time while I'm at the beach.

The next - er - song would actually be another album. Paramore's self-titled album, in fact. The album Paramore is quite different from their last 3 albums, seeing that they're kind of a different band now (but they're still a band and they're still Paramore). This album seems to be a bit more fun, light, and definitely unique in terms of sound.


My favourite songs out of this album would have to be all 3 interludes (yay for ukuleles!), Ain't It Fun, (One of Those) Crazy Girls, Hate to See Your Heart Break, Grow Up, and Still Into You. I like all the songs, really but these were my FAVOURITES.

Third: Lawson. Now I know that I've mentioned Lawson before. And NO, I'm not giving you their whole album (my friend got them to sign my album, however, and I'm so excited to get it AHHH). I'm giving you the other 2 songs that I didn't include in the last Songs of the Month post. (If they were in the last Songs of the Month post though, don't mind. They're still part of the songs for these months anyway.)

Learn to Love Again

Taking Over Me (Oooooh!)

Next would have to be Bruno Mars' Treasure. Aside from having a very strange beginning, this song is also really fun to dance to. I actually first heard it on Fashion TV for a fashion show in Sao Paulo (did  I spell that correctly)'s fashion week! I absolutely fell in love with it and while I was hanging out with my friends last week, they played that song and decided to finally download it.


Last but not the least: Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton.


I first heard this song in the MTV Movie Awards when Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, and Ray Dalton performed it live and HOLY TALEDO (!), it was amazing. They all had so much energy (even with Ray Dalton's minimal movements) and you can just feel it in the recording. I'm not much of a rap enthusiast but songs like this just get to me.

That's all for this post! I'm hoping my next post will finally have my developed pictures! I haven't finished up the 36 pictures in my film camera but that's only because I'm kind of just stuck at home and there's nothing to take pictures of.

(Note: I meant for this post to be longer but seeing as I put whole albums up there, I decided not to make it too long. And my internet was getting...bad.)

'Til next time, crabs!

No comments:

Post a Comment